* [9fans] Booting from MS-DOS
@ 2000-02-06 16:54 Nigel
From: Nigel @ 2000-02-06 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Russ Cox and I have written an MS-DOS based boot program, with similar
intentions to b.com. The difference is that it uses MS-DOS to access the
local filesystem, allowing a kernel to be booted from any disk device you
can find a driver for. In addition, it can use Packet Drivers to boot over
the ether.

This is very useful under circumstances where the main kernel has the right
driver, but b.com does not.

If you would like to give it a whirl, it is available (and vaguely
documented at)

http://www.9fs.org/boot/index.html

Let us know how you get on; we might fix some things.

Nigel Roles

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-02-06 16:54 UTC | newest]