* [9fans] Problem with majordomo? (unrelated to plan9)
@ 2000-05-15  3:11 Scott
From: Scott @ 2000-05-15  3:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Has anyone else experienced double message delivery from this list? I seem
> to be receiving postings from some users twice...

There's a problem with the usenet gateway.  I've sent mail to the
maintainers, but haven't heard back yet.

* [9fans] Problem with majordomo? (unrelated to plan9)
@ 2000-05-15  4:18 Lucio
From: Lucio @ 2000-05-15  4:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, May 14, 2000 at 11:28:47AM -0600, Andrey wrote:

> Has anyone else experienced double message delivery from this list? I seem
> to be receiving postings from some users twice...

I think the comp.os.plan9 gateway is responsible.  And I assume that
once the list administrator is made aware of it (he's been notified),
it will be sorted out.

++L

* [9fans] Problem with majordomo? (unrelated to plan9)
@ 2000-05-15  4:04 Ed
From: Ed @ 2000-05-15  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Yes, I am getting double postings from some writers:

  215 digbyt@acm.org Sun May 14 09:32  152/6403 "Re: [9fans] (sorry - more..)R"
> 216 digbyt@acm.org Sun May 14 10:10  144/5852 "Re: [9fans] (sorry - more..)R"

But not all.

ed wishart

* [9fans] Problem with majordomo? (unrelated to plan9)
@ 2000-05-15  3:54 Lucio
From: Lucio @ 2000-05-15  3:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2000-05-14 18:15 Digby
From: Digby @ 2000-05-14 18:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Just a quick question (not related to plan9):
>
> Has anyone else experienced double message delivery from this list? I seem
> to be receiving postings from some users twice...

Ah - it isn't just me then.

Yes - I have been puzzled by the same problem for several days...

Regards,
DigbyT
--
Digby R. S. Tarvin                                              digbyt@acm.org
http://www.cthulhu.dircon.co.uk

* [9fans] Problem with majordomo? (unrelated to plan9)
@ 2000-05-14 17:44 Digby
From: Digby @ 2000-05-14 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2000-05-14 17:28 Andrey
From: Andrey @ 2000-05-14 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Just a quick question (not related to plan9):

Has anyone else experienced double message delivery from this list? I seem
to be receiving postings from some users twice...

Majordomo states that I have subscribed to this list once only.

Sorry for bothering eveyone with this, but I wanted to see whether the
problem is more general (or whether it is a problem at all -- bug or
feature)...

Thanx: Andrey