* Re: [9fans] Any difference in the file servers other than bsize
@ 2000-06-12 18:33 presotto
From: presotto @ 2000-06-12 18:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

libsec is correct, we replaced cryptolib (libcrypt) with a locally written
library, libsec, fairly recently and missed a few references to the old
library.  This should be fixed in the current package.  If anyone notices
others, please mail 9trouble.

The install options for the kernels try to copy the kernel's to a
machine called 'dinar'.  This is a standalone plan 9 cpu server
that we use to also get everyone back up should we have a power failure.
Rather than take that out of the mkfile's, I'ld rather leave it in
as a place holder for where you should put copies to your own tftp/bootp
server.  Dinar is really our auth server but having it also boot other
systems is helpful.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1447 bytes --]

From: bwc@borf.com
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Any difference in the file servers other than bsize
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 13:50:24 EDT

We had to change the mkfile to compile fs/plan9pc.  It was trying
to link with libcrypt and we changed it to libsec.  Is this okay?

Also, we noticed that it tries to install it on certain machines
in the labs.  So, we edited this as well.

We are using a Adaptec 1542cp as the scsi controller.

More when we get further along.

  Brantley

* [9fans] Any difference in the file servers other than bsize
@ 2000-06-12 17:50 bwc