* Re: [9fans] Is Plan9 in my future?
@ 2000-06-16 10:02 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2000-06-16 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>>I have not looked at Plan9 since 1995 so I don't know how fast things change with it.

it has changed a lot: graphics model, window system, supporting tools, IP stack, device
support, kernel internals, compiler suite, .... it's all rather different, though obviously still plan 9.

acme, the plumber, and the mail file system & faces
working together is remarkably slick.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2196 bytes --]

From: jfox@airmail.net
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Is Plan9 in my future?
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 09:09:29 GMT

I'd like to play around with Plan9 but it does not look like my
hardware is supported yet.
I have a Creative Labs Riva TNT card. I've read here that it's not yet
on the hardware compatibility list.
Is this likely to change in the near future?
I have not looked at Plan9 since 1995 so I don't know how fast things
change with it.

Also, what about applications? I don't need for Plan9 to be useful for
me to play with it but some apps besides the bare OS would be nice.

Are there websites (besides the official one) where I can learn more
about Plan9? Something like 'Plan9 for newbies'.

* [9fans] Is Plan9 in my future?
@ 2000-06-16  9:09 jfox