* Re: [9fans] chown - ?
@ 2000-06-19 13:27 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2000-06-19 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

	And I got a pair of key files belonging to 'glenda.sys' in common
	directory /sys/lib/ssh/

	So, the question is how about another (real) users that might log on to
	the same terminal host ? How to make them use the same host keys ?

You don't need to be able to read
the secret key -- it just has to exist.
I'm not exactly sure why that is, but
I suspect it's an artifact of having the
server and client compile from the same
libraries.

The host secret key is only used when
running as a server; the protocol never
touches it when running as a client,
except to do RSA_RHOSTS authentication,
which we don't support.

You can generate keys for yourself
by using aux/ssh_genkey $home/lib/ssh
and that will create ssh.secret, ssh.public,
and ssh.public10 (suitable for sharing with
Unix systems).  See the ssh man page for more.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] chown - ?
@ 2000-06-20  0:54 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2000-06-20  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

[...]

* [9fans] chown - ?
@ 2000-06-19  8:41 Wladimir Mutel
From: Wladimir Mutel @ 2000-06-19  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

	Greetings,

	So, I logged in as 'glenda', set up my network interface and tried
to connect via 'ssh' to certain unix host. 'ssh' said I need to generate key
pair first.

	I did

	disk/kfscmd allow
	aux/ssh_genkey

	And I got a pair of key files belonging to 'glenda.sys' in common
	directory /sys/lib/ssh/

	So, the question is how about another (real) users that might log on to
	the same terminal host ? How to make them use the same host keys ?

	Thanks for your explainations, especially if they are about
	not-too-unix-way :>

--
mwg@alkar.net