* Re: [9fans] Hitachi SuperH RISC
@ 2000-06-25 11:16 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2000-06-25 11:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>>Did anyone ever add support for the Hitachi SH ? I recall seeing
>>an Inferno infosheet that said it ran on the SH, and given that

i don't know why it was on that info sheet.
there was one attempt at a normal Inferno port that was hardly begun.
i was annoyed because i'd stopped my own work on
a compiler suite when i'd heard about that one, and didn't discover
it had been abandoned until it was too late.

i included it on the Inferno registration form to see how much
interest there might be in resurrecting it.  it's not hard, but takes
time and effort that could be spent elsewhere.

i know a bit about another more successful attempt with Infenro
on SH hardware, but it's apparently confidential.
i should know more fairly soon when they visit us in York, including whether
it is indeed confidential.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1544 bytes --]

From: narteh@ece.rutgers.edu
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Hitachi SuperH RISC
Date: 24 Jun 2000 22:32:19 -0000

Did anyone ever add support for the Hitachi SH ? I recall seeing
an Inferno infosheet that said it ran on the SH, and given that
most Inferno development is done on Plan 9, , ,
-
pip

* Re: [9fans] Hitachi SuperH RISC
@ 2000-06-25 18:22 narteh
From: narteh @ 2000-06-25 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Good thing I asked. My research currently involves a malenky bit of
work on the SH, and I wrote an assembler and complete archiiitectural
simulator for it(wiith some other neat stuff). I have started addiinig
support for the SH to my tree, but I only strted yesterday, so
if a port already exists, I miight put my efforts elsewhere ;)
-
pip

* [9fans] Hitachi SuperH RISC
@ 2000-06-24 22:32 narteh