* Re: [9fans] Compaq LTE 5250 laptop instant reboot
@ 2000-06-29  1:30 jmk
From: jmk @ 2000-06-29  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

If you can, comment out the 'monitor=' and 'mouseport=' lines
in the plan9.ini file (put ' '#' at the beginning of the line)
and boot, you should get a shell prompt. If that works, mail me
the output of the command /bin/pci.

--jim

* Re: [9fans] Compaq LTE 5250 laptop instant reboot
@ 2000-06-21 22:43 ` FODEMESI Gergely
From: FODEMESI Gergely @ 2000-06-21 22:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

same behaviour.
loader loads the kernel, writes out:
entry: 80100020
now reboot, before writing cpu0: XXXMhz

 gergo

* Re: [9fans] Compaq LTE 5250 laptop instant reboot
@ 2000-06-21 21:22 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2000-06-21 21:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

You might try adding
	console=0
to your plan9.ini file, which will
cause both the boot loader and the
kernel to write everything that would
go to the console to the serial port
(DOS's COM1, 9600 baud) as well.

Something interesting might be printed
just before reboot.

Russ

* [9fans] Compaq LTE 5250 laptop instant reboot
@ 2000-06-21 16:09 FODEMESI Gergely
From: FODEMESI Gergely @ 2000-06-21 16:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a Compaq LTE5250 laptop. During booting the loader detects the
PCMCIA slot device(?) (2 slot Cirrus Logic PD6720). After loading .gz
image, loader writes out entry:80xxxxxx, before the cpu detection it
instantly reboots. Could I somehow do something, to find out
what the problem is? I don't have a running plan9 system yet, trying to
get a working video card for my desktop PC.

 thanks: gergo

system: 120Mhz CPU, 80MB RAM, 700MB HD