* Re: [9fans] That's a great clock. And that blank desktop looks good too. ;-)
@ 2000-06-29 14:50 rsc
From: rsc @ 2000-06-29 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Read the rio(1) man page
(plan9.bell-labs.com/magic/man2html/1/rio)
to learn how to draw windows and get going.

plan9.bell-labs.com/sys/doc/start.html
contains more pointers.

Russ

* [9fans] That's a great clock. And that blank desktop looks good too. ;-)
@ 2000-06-29  8:30 Pavlov
From: Pavlov @ 2000-06-29  8:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

So I've done the preliminary reading from all the docs Bell has on
their site but I am not able to do anything with it. I manage to
install it fine but all I'm seeing is a clock and desktop. I am able
to type in some command but they don't do anything.I must have missed
something. Please clear me up on some of these things or point me to
some resources for new installs cuz I don't want to be left with the
impression 9 is just a tits-on-a-bull uber-cryptic OS. Cheers for and
and all help!