* Re: [9fans] SMP works
@ 2000-07-02 16:41 jmk
From: jmk @ 2000-07-02 16:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

	>Neither card, however, seems to work with the FS 2114x
	>driver (ouch).

Thanks for the feedback. This has been touched on before, there's
a big disparity in driver coverage between the 'regular' and fileserver
kernels, we don't run the fileserver on the same miscellany as the
regular kernel. I hope to address this, along with SMP, ATA drives, etc.
in the not too distant future.

That said, it shouldn't be hard to the retrofit the detection code
for the 2114x from the regular kernel into the fileserver, the drivers
have very similar structure at that point.

--jim

* Re: [9fans] SMP works
@ 2000-07-02  7:13 ` Nigel Roles
From: Nigel Roles @ 2000-07-02  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Neither will support FA310TX revision Ds, so in that sense you
mean older Netgear FA310TXs. This is because of the switch to the
LiteOn PNIC, which is similar, just not the same as a DEC Tulip.

I do have a driver for the rev D, for the cpu (not yet fs), but it is a
little untidy. To be honest I'm not sure why it works, but it does,
reliably since my entire 1995 edition network ran on it.
Anyone wants to try it, let me know.

From: Eric Dorman @ 2000-07-02  4:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

3rd Ed SMP works on an (ancient) TYAN S1668
dual PPRO-150 motherboard.  kewl :)

the dreaded IDE fileserver code works now too.  will post
a patch when it stabilizes a bit more.

Also the 2114x support in the cpu/pc kernels handles
the Netgear FA310tx and older Linksys EtherFast 100Base-Tx
cards.  The Netgear is a 21140-AF and the Linksys a 21140-AE.

Neither card, however, seems to work with the FS 2114x
driver (ouch).

good stuff.

Eric Dorman
edorman@san.rr.com