* [9fans] duplicate messages
@ 2000-07-03  6:03 Scott Schwartz
From: Scott Schwartz @ 2000-07-03  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The problem with the duplicate messages is apparently due to a
malfunction in the mail->usenet/usenet->mail gateway at bath.ac.uk.
Messages sent to the list are posted to usenet, and then send back to
the list.

I've been trying to get in touch with the gateway maintainers to
discuss the problem.  Until then, I don't know what the best action
is.  I can discontinue the mail->usenet flow, which is fine for people
on the list, but not so nice for people reading on usenet.  In the
longer term, if the usenet->mail gateway is to be unmoderated, I can
essay to have it relocated to here, which might simplify things.

-- Scott (owner-9fans)

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-07-03  6:03 UTC | newest]