* [9fans] Re: plan9 for vampires
       [not found] <200006291228.FAA15018@envy.ugcs.caltech.edu>
@ 2000-07-03  6:15 ` Quinn Dunkan
From: Quinn Dunkan @ 2000-07-03  6:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Berry Kercheval:
> >Since none of the Plan 9 developers can safely go out in daylight,
> >we've never observed this behavior.
>
> That's funny; I distinctly remember the Tromso distributed computing
> conference a while ago, and you and Rob were both there.  The sun didn't
> set AT ALL.

Were they wearing cloaks?  Maybe they just *looked* like rob and presotto from
the nose up.

At 08:28 AM 06/29/2000 -0400, presotto@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:

> > And... I'm getting corruption on certain files coming off of dos partitions.
> > For example, the wrap.tgz update worked fine, but the 06070617.9gz doesn't
> > come over as a valid gzip (works fine from linux, though).  Someone else on
> > the list mentioned something that sounded similar.
> Try doing an md5sum of 06070617.9gz.  We see it as:
> 	% md5sum 06070617.9gz
> 	66a22bba5cce05d1e93cb43e81749c86        06070617.9gz

Yeah, that's what I see on linux, but not on plan9.  But at least wrong md5 I
get is always the same wrong md5.

Which is funny, since plan9.9gz came off the dos partition just fine.  Or
wait, maybe it came off ext2.  Maybe dossrv doesn't like large partitions?
It's one 13GB partition, with the file right near the end.

When ftp.mime.univ-paris8.fr comes back up again,I'll try ext2 server and see
if it works better (unless someone knows where to find it on a different
server).

Lucio De Re <lucio@proxima.alt.za>:
> Sure seems like it: I see what I would consider only a subset of
> the normal mailing list traffic.

Well, I never got whatever this was responding too, but I guess that just
illustrates the point.  I also get just about every msg twice.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2000-07-03  6:15 UTC | newest]