* Re: [9fans] Acme Mail program
@ 2000-07-07  0:57 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2000-07-07  0:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: plan9

Well, no one answered this, then, I'll try it.   However, I've had
no release 3 standalone Plan 9 machine around me, this may
be wrong...

>/acme/mail/386/Mail gives me a
>
> Mail: can't open window ctl file: file does not exist

You should not run this from command line, which would be
run from acme.  When I dispatch this command, I get the same
error message.

Can you send/receive mail by upas alone?
Do you have fs, not 9pcfs just server for mail running, or
did you set mail -c.

Kenji

* [9fans] Acme Mail program
@ 2000-07-06  5:19 pip
From: pip @ 2000-07-06  5:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi

I'm a bit stuck on why the mail reader in acme does
not work on my system. In the top titlebar, I type
in 'Mail', doubleclick to highlight it (cyan ?), then
I middle mouseclick. Drum roll... nothing happens.
I must be missing something obvious.

In the event that I am indeed doing the right thing...:
/acme/mail/386/Mail gives me a

  Mail: can't open window ctl file: file does not exist

/acme/mail/src/win.c:15-18 seems responsible:

	w->ctl = open("/mnt/wsys/new/ctl", ORDWR|OCEXEC);
	if(w->ctl<0 || read(w->ctl, buf, 12)!=12)
		error("can't open window ctl file: %r");

but I do not have a /mnt/wsys/new/ in the namespace of
my rc when I do the /acme/mail/386/Mail.
-
pip