* Re: [9fans] sd00 problems
@ 2000-07-12  3:20 jmk
From: jmk @ 2000-07-12  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: daveb, 9fans

From: "David P. Boswell" <daveb@daves.net>
	>Today  I installed on a Compaq 1850R with SYM53C875 SCSI.  The install goes
	>normal but upon reboot using 9pcdisk it can't mount the root FS.  I also see:
	>'sd53c8xx differential mode set' 16 times.  So, I added an IDE drive, installed
	>and came up with kfs on the IDE.  Same problem with SCSI using either 9pcdisk
	>or 9pccpudisk.  bind -a '#S' only finds sdC0.  Booting 9pcflop bind -a '#S'
	>finds sdC0 and sd00.
	>
	>Any ideas ?

Yes, there was a bug in the 53c8xx driver where it assumed it knew how to
automatically detect whether to use differential mode or not. Turns out that
only worked on some (real Symbios?) cards. Nigel Roles (ngr@9fs.org) supplied
a fix and I believe it's in the distribution floppy but not in the distribution
itself as we haven't done an update for a while. Until an update is done, if
you are able to compile a kernel I can send you the fixed driver.

--jim

* [9fans] sd00 problems
@ 2000-07-12  2:57 David P. Boswell