* Re: [9fans] software ports
@ 2000-07-22 18:56 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2000-07-22 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Vita Nuova will be making available the portable version of the plan 9 compiler suites, and mk
and a few other supporting tools that compile native Inferno on all platforms,
for more general use, separately from Inferno.
also included is the set of libraries used to support a limited plan 9 environment
sufficient to compile the compilers, mk and the others.

producing binaries, even statically linked, for other operating systems is trickier than
it once was (in my experience), though not impossible.  i have enough trouble working out
what ELF is on each platform that uses it to generate bootable binaries.
there might have been good intentions, but it is not well done.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 3870 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 229 bytes --]

Hi Russ

Was just looking at your home page @Harvard. I'm interested in
the 'cross compiling for other operating systems' for various
reasons.

Have you done any work on it so far/ is anyone else working on it ?
-
pip

[-- Attachment #2.1.2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1689 bytes --]

From: "Russ Cox" <rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] software ports
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 16:56:21 -0400

Plan 9 ports of Norman Ramsey's noweb,
CVS 1.10.8, and Moscow ML 2.0 are all
at http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~rsc/plan9.html.

(Use wrap/inst to install them.)

Russ

* [9fans] fs patch for K6
@ 2000-07-22 22:36 ` arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2000-07-22 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

This is a private mail.

You said about fs patch for K6.
I have waited that to be officially released but I cannot wait no
longer. Please send me your patch.

By the way, I will continue to use your ykhhtpd.
I added some changes to be suite for new version.
That was: getmfields and varargs.
Are there anything else?

Kenji Arisawa
E-mail: arisawa@aichi-u.ac.jp