* [9fans] Auth Server Setup Problems
@ 2000-08-03  8:36 Stephen Wynne
From: Stephen Wynne @ 2000-08-03  8:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

This is on a pair of systems that aren't routed to a DNS server yet.

1. ssh to the local system from itself as bootes (to either bootes or
   glenda) fails with "Connection refused". I then see two entries
   in /sys/log/ssh, for example: "Bad TIS response from bootes@HOSTNAME"
   followed by "Bad password: bootes@HOSTNAME".
2. telnet on the local system from itself gives:
   "telnet: cs: can't translate address(tcp!HOSTNAME!telnet)"
   but ndb/dnsquery can resolve the IP address of HOSTNAME,
   although there's a pause.
3. I get "login failed: can't connect to AS" on the terminal when
   I try to auth/login bootes. I'm not sure I'm supposed to be able
   to do that, but the error is foreboding.
4. netstat pauses while listing certain "Closed" connections (tcp 17 and 18).
5. I don't have any keys in /mnt/netkeys, but I don't think I should.

Ideas?

* Re: [9fans] Auth Server Setup Problems
@ 2000-08-06  8:41 ` Stephen Wynne
From: Stephen Wynne @ 2000-08-06  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> telnet: cs: can't translate address(tcp!HOSTNAME!telnet)

I had managed to remove the "database= . . ." entry from /lib/ndb/local; telnet
attempts to tcp!HOSTNAME!23 got further. That hinted of the missing mappings.