* Re: [9fans] Emelie want run
@ 2000-08-21 18:20 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2000-08-21 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

spllo is in /sys/src/fs/emelie/l.s.
waht you're seeing is spllo reenables
interrupts, at which point a pending
interrupt gets handled -- finding out
which is left as an exercise to the
reader.

* Re: [9fans] Emelie want run
@ 2000-08-29  9:46 ` Matthias Teege
From: Matthias Teege @ 2000-08-29  9:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

"Russ Cox" <rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com> writes:

> spllo is in /sys/src/fs/emelie/l.s.

;-) so I cant found it with *.c. Assembler isn't my thing.

> waht you're seeing is spllo reenables
> interrupts, at which point a pending
> interrupt gets handled -- finding out
> which is left as an exercise to the
> reader.

Hmm. It looks like that I only can try different
hardware.

Many thanks
Matthias

--
Matthias Teege -- matthias@mteege.de -- http://emugs.de
make world not war

* Re: [9fans] Emelie want run
@ 2000-10-10 10:18 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2000-10-10 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>Do you really have an Fast Etherlink III ISA (with

Yes. I have.
It's a bit old.   My manual says it was printed at June 1993.  :-)

Kenji

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2429 bytes --]

From: Matthias Teege <matthias@mteege.de>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] Emelie want run
Date: 10 Oct 2000 11:08:47 +0200

okamoto@granite.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp writes:

> Hi
>
> your hardware is close to me as below.  I have no clue to your
> problem though.  I'm running pc9fs not emelie.
> SCSI chip is somewhat different between us.
> I have no CDROM on file server.

[my hardware]

> SCSI     : Tekram DC390F with 53C875 Chip on it
> Harddisk : three HDDs
> Ethernet : 3Com 3C509B-Combo Fast Etherlink III ISA

Do you really have an Fast Etherlink III ISA (with
100MBits/s)? My hardware dealer shaking his head. :-)

Bis dann
Matthias

--

@ 2000-10-10  9:08 ` Matthias Teege
From: Matthias Teege @ 2000-10-10  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2000-08-30  0:42 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2000-08-30  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I fear the SCSI
>controller is the real problem.

Actually, I do, too.  Yours has "E" addition.  ☺

Kenji

* Re: [9fans] Emelie want run
@ 2000-08-29 15:25 ` Matthias Teege
From: Matthias Teege @ 2000-08-29 15:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

okamoto@granite.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp writes:

> Hi
>
> your hardware is close to me as below.  I have no clue to your
> problem though.  I'm running pc9fs not emelie.
> SCSI chip is somewhat different between us.
> I have no CDROM on file server.

Thanks for your config. I have another 3com Etherlink
(ISA) network card in my "CPU Server" wich works
normal. I'll try it together with pc9fs. I fear the SCSI
controller is the real problem. So I'll look for an
Tekram. :-)

Many thanks
Matthias

--

@ 2000-08-29 10:46 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2000-08-29 10:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi

your hardware is close to me as below.  I have no clue to your
problem though.  I'm running pc9fs not emelie.
SCSI chip is somewhat different between us.
I have no CDROM on file server.

Kenji   with hope that some insight may be there...

yours:
Mainboard: ASUS TX97-XW
CPU      : AMD K6-200MHz
RAM      : 32 MB EDO
Graphic  : ATI Graphics Pro Turbo PCI (mach64 VT)
Floppy   : Mitsumi 1.44 MB
CDROM    : LiteOn 48x
SCSI     : Dawicontrol DC2976UW with 53C875E Chip on it
Harddisk : IBM DNES-309170WS80K
Ethernet : 3Com 3C905B-TX Fast Etherlink XL PCI
Mouse    : PS/2 Logitech

mine:
Mainboard: ASUS TX97-E
CPU      : AMD K6-200MHz
RAM      : 32 MB SDRAM x 2
Graphic  : Tseng Lab ET400/W32
Floppy   : Mitsumi 1.44 MB
CDROM    : NO
SCSI     : Tekram DC390F with 53C875 Chip on it
Harddisk : three HDDs
Ethernet : 3Com 3C509B-Combo Fast Etherlink III ISA
Mouse    : PS/2 Logitech

* [9fans] Emelie want run
@ 2000-08-21 16:45 Matthias Teege
From: Matthias Teege @ 2000-08-21 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Moin,

I want to setup a fileserver but I have some problems. Jmk sent me an
patch and after I removed the pc.c/localconfig() stuff I've build a
kernel which want boot or better which want work. ;-)

Ther server comes up and I typed in the configuration but after 'end'
the server hangs.

After a lot hints from the newsgroup I've put some 'print' statements
in the kernelcode and try to follow the execution. At proc.c/sched()
the execution stopped and I can't continue because I didnt found the
sourcefile for spllo().

In spllo() the code looks like this:

if(u) {
      splhi();
	if(setlabel(&u->sched)) {
		if(u->match)
			panic("mach non zero");
		  u->state = Running;

	spllo();

	return;

I've made a print statement before and after spllo() but only the
first was shown. The sched() function was executed many times before
it stopped.

So were can I find the spllo source?

Here my hardware: