* Re: [9fans] Keyboard woes
@ 2000-09-01  3:36 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2000-09-01  3:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>>By the way, thanks for your patch to Alef, now I'm running news
>>file server written in Alef (by Charles) on Release 3 Plan 9 system.

oh, i've converted that here to threaded c.

* Re: [9fans] Keyboard woes
@ 2000-09-01  4:05 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2000-09-01  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I tried, but rejected. (sigh)
Because I'm not you, I had to read many parts of yours, or else
reading many documents of news servers...

Anyway, are you planning to make your news server public?

Kenji

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1680 bytes --]

From: forsyth@caldo.demon.co.uk
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] Keyboard woes
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 04:36:55 0100

@ 2000-09-01  1:16 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2000-09-01  1:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've never seen it while running about two months of Release 3.
I have only one display and keyboard for CPU and file server
and another machine.  In most times keyboard is off from the
CPU server...

By the way, thanks for your patch to Alef, now I'm running news
file server written in Alef (by Charles) on Release 3 Plan 9 system.

Yesterday, my release 2 CPU server retired from our office with best
respects from me.  That file server was turned off the power, and still
is waiting when I'll meet neccessity of updated release 2 sources.

Kenji

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2443 bytes --]

From: Lucio De Re <lucio@proxima.alt.za>
Subject: [9fans] Keyboard woes
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 14:49:12 +0200

Has anyone else noticed that their i386 CPU server loses the keyboard
altogether?

I've been sharing the same disk on two totally different motherboards,
and the keyboard eventually (it is not clear when, but presumably
after an interval unused) dies altogether.

It could be something here, naturally, and the fact that the CPU
server is not linked to a network may also be significant: another CPU
server that is actually connected is still perfectly functional.

The main difference is that the CPU server that loses the keyboard is
running entirely off its IDE drive, the other off a 2ed fileserver,
the former starts off with graphics, the latter doesn't.

++L

* [9fans] Keyboard woes
@ 2000-08-31 12:49 Lucio De Re