* [9fans] Linksys network card..
@ 2000-09-11 19:08 Ish Rattan
From: Ish Rattan @ 2000-09-11 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Does `LinkSys EtherFast 10/100 PCI' network has drivers
in file and cpu server kernels? If not, which is the next
alternative (cost wise)?

-ishwar

* RE: [9fans] Linksys network card..
@ 2000-09-12 15:39 ` Jason Gurtz
From: Jason Gurtz @ 2000-09-12 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> These are all Digital 2114x or Digital 2114x 'near-clones and the
> Plan 9 2114x driver will work with soe of these.

Another card that uses this type of chip is the Kingston KNE110tx

~Jay

--
+------------------+
| Jason@tommyk.com |

* Re: [9fans] Linksys network card..
@ 2000-09-12 15:03 jmk
From: jmk @ 2000-09-12 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I wrote:
	Ish Rattan <ishwar@pali.cps.cmich.edu>
		Does `LinkSys EtherFast 10/100 PCI' network has drivers
		in file and cpu server kernels? If not, which is the next
		alternative (cost wise)?

	Do you know which chip is used on this card?

The Linksys web server has pictures of the 9 versions of this card,
there are at least 4 different controllers used - different versions
of the Digital 2114x and different verions of the PNIC. Stephen Wynne
tells me (thanks!) the latest version (v4.0) uses the ADMTek 983.

These are all Digital 2114x or Digital 2114x 'near-clones and the
Plan 9 2114x driver will work with soe of these. However, it's likely
the ADMTek would need a little work (as did the PNIC chips).

--jim

* Re: [9fans] Linksys network card..
@ 2000-09-12 14:33 jmk