* Re: [9fans] manuals or is it?
@ 2000-09-23 16:32 Anthony Sorace
From: Anthony Sorace @ 2000-09-23 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

//are there any user-friendly manuals for plan 9?

the man pages (http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sys/man) are well-written and
concise, in the style of the old Unix documentation. it's not casual
reading, and you actually have to pa attention, but they're pretty easy
to understand (hint: read the intros to the sections).

if you're looking for something more prosaic, there are various papers
(http://plan9.bell-labs.com/sys/doc/) that are also very good. again,
they're not light reading, but they offer an exelent overview of the
system, and various parts of it. in some cases (like the Acid Manual),
the papers are practicly a pre-requisite for what they're describing.

but no, there is neither "Plan 9 for Dummies" nor "Plan 9 in a Nutshell."
: anothy;

* [9fans] manuals or is it?
@ 2000-09-23  8:17 Alexander L
From: Alexander L @ 2000-09-23  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi guys,

I was wondering are there any user-friendly manuals for plan 9? I reckon the
one we can obtain directly from bell labs is pretty hard to understand. Kind
of
designed for hackers..... x_x
It'll be very great if someone can direct me to a web site that *teach*
non-programmers how to use plan 9.

Thanks
--
Art is not the same thing you do with science.
However, scientific research connects all those little bits together.