* Re: [9fans] Postgres client monitor, pg9mon
@ 2000-10-04  1:09 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2000-10-04  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Oops!

An older version file of monitor.c was included in fail.
The diff for it is as follows:

diff monitor.c.orig monitor.c
393c393,394
< 	tmon_temp = create(tmon_temp_filename, ORDWR, CHAPPEND|0666);
---
> 	if(tmon_temp = open(tmon_temp_filename, ORDWR) <0)
> 		tmon_temp = create(tmon_temp_filename, ORDWR, 0666);
439c440,441
<    tmon_temp = create(tmon_temp_filename, ORDWR, CHAPPEND|0666);
---
>     if(tmon_temp = open(tmon_temp_filename, ORDWR) <0)
> 	create(tmon_temp_filename, ORDWR, 0666);;

I also replaced our web page (http://basalt.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp/plan9).

Kenji

From: okamoto @ 2000-10-04  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I placed more hucked version of pg9mon.tgz on our web site
(http://basalt.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp/plan9/p9inidex.html).
This version still has serious bugs relating memory allocation-free.
Then, it will fail to retrieve large data.  New semester has began
here, and I'm getting busy for my duty, which will make me
shortage of time to share for this.

Kenji

* [9fans] Postgres client monitor, pg9mon
@ 2000-10-02  9:50 okamoto
From: okamoto @ 2000-10-02  9:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: plan9

I placed a Postgres client pg9mon (called monitor originally) on
our web page(http://basalt.cias.osakafu-u.ac.jp/plan9/p9index.html).
This page is written in UTF-8, however, you will see many starange
language there... Yes, it is called Japanese.  However, you can find
some parts written in English, that's all for you.   Of course, I assume
you have already running Postgres server outside your plan 9 system.

This is a quickly hacked version for our internal works.  I think DBMS
should be considered more carefully for Plan 9.  However, we have
to do everyday works, on the other hand.  Therefore, we cannot wait
any more until someone having more skills to this field will accomplish to implement full DBMS system onto Plan 9.

I hope this may help someone who wants to use Plan 9 for everyday
work like us.

Kenji