* Re: [9fans] Re: il: no success with DHCP
@ 2000-10-09 13:22 presotto
From: presotto @ 2000-10-09 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

My fault, it's an undocumented feature of ipconfig.  You can add auth and
fs to your botargs line:

bootargs=il ether /net/ether0 a.b.c.d <ip mask> 0 <fs-addr> <auth-addr>

The 0 would be the address of the remote side if this were a point-to-point
link.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2035 bytes --]

From: vecera@writeme.com
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Re: il: no success with DHCP
Date: Mon, 9 Oct 2000 09:06:02 GMT

In article <20001002153317.48501199DE@mail>,
  9fans@cse.psu.edu wrote:
> you can set things up so that a cpu server running on a PC takes
> its IP address and other network parameters from the plan9.ini file,
> which is useful when the cpu server itself is the dhcp server for
> the network.  you don't need another system to act as dhcp server.

I got it! On boot prompt "root is from:" I can place the same options
as to ipconfig. So I wrote to plan9.ini:

bootargs=il ether /net/ether0 a.b.c.d

That's OK.
But then loader asks for addresses of fs & auth servers.
Does anybody know how to set this to default values,
so it can boot without interaction with user on keyboard?

A. Vecera

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* [9fans] Re: il: no success with DHCP
@ 2000-10-09  9:06 ` vecera
From: vecera @ 2000-10-09  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2000-10-03  8:50 ` vecera
From: vecera @ 2000-10-03  8:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

  9fans@cse.psu.edu wrote:
> you can set things up so that a cpu server running on a PC
> takes its IP address and other network parameters from the
> plan9.ini file, which is useful when the cpu server itself
> is the dhcp server for the network.  you don't need another
> system to act as dhcp server.

That's exactly what I need!
But unfortunately I don't know how to make it. I have read
man for plan9.ini and there is no such option. (except some
"fs=..." and "auth=..." parameters but I think it is not what
I am looking for)
Could you place here some example or URL for doc, plese?
Thanks!

Antonin Vecera