* [9fans] Plaen Nien with 16 MB.
@ 2000-11-20 10:56 ` Alt
From: Alt @ 2000-11-20 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello there.
Is it possible to run plan 9 at machine with16 mb.
It refuse to be runned at 16 but there is written that it could work at
16 like terminal.

Finally, is such memory really requaired for such small OS like Plan9 ?

Bye.

--Alt.

* Re: [9fans] Plaen Nien with 16 MB.
@ 2000-11-20 16:56   ` Scott Schwartz
From: Scott Schwartz @ 2000-11-20 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

| Is it possible to run plan 9 at machine with16 mb.
| It refuse to be runned at 16 but there is written that it could work at
| 16 like terminal.

I ran the Second Edition ran in 16MB for a while.  On the other hand,
you really want more in a terminal, because the window system is in-kernel
and needs lots of ram for windows.

* [9fans] drawterm via ssh
@ 2000-11-20 17:18     ` Mike Fletcher
From: Mike Fletcher @ 2000-11-20 17:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I tried to post this to comp.os.plan9, but it didn't make it.

I have Plan9 (rel3) running on a Pentium as a cpu and auth
server.  Ssh works fine as client and server between the Plan9
system and my SPARCstation running Solaris 8.

I compiled drawterm on the SPARC and it works fine as well.

Now how do I persuade the ssh server on Plan9 to forward the
drawterm connection through the secure channel?  There doesn't
seem to be a dedicated port to forward - or am I missing some-
thing fundamental here?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Mike Fletcher