* Re: [9fans] password on cpu and file server
@ 2000-11-21 22:00 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2000-11-21 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I don't know why the cpu servers don't ask
by default anymore.  My best guess would be
that when bootstrapping the system before
authentication, it got commented out and
never put back because no one wanted it.
Uncomment the call to pass(key) in
/sys/src/cmd/init.c and mk init.install if
you want it.  We do have one system that
runs a modified init with this change, but
it's the exception.

Russ

* [9fans] password on cpu and file server
@ 2000-11-21 17:59 Jean Mehat
From: Jean Mehat @ 2000-11-21 17:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

THe v3 file server and cpu server don't ask for the password before
entering the command mode (or running rc) on my machines. Is it the
normal behaviour for Plan 9 version 3? What is the rationale behind
this?

jm