* Re: [9fans] using Acme for email
@ 2000-11-25  4:39 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2000-11-25  4:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

the acme guides are things you would
perhaps edit and then execute.
for example, execute just Mail
and you get your mailbox.
Mail stored brings up $mail/stored.

* Re: [9fans] using Acme for email
@ 2000-11-24 23:17 ` William Staniewicz
From: William Staniewicz @ 2000-11-24 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Fri, Nov 24, 2000 at 01:34:59PM +0000, forsyth@caldo.demon.co.uk wrote:
> load /acme/mail/guide in a suitable column in acme,

When I do this, I get the following displayed in the column.
What does it mean and what am I supposed to do with it?

Mail stored
plumb /mail/box/$user/names
mail -'x' someaddress
mkbox /mail/box/$user/new_box

> and look at /acme/mail/readme

This was interesting and had new information not found
on the manual page.

Bill
wstanREMOVETHIS@planet.nl

* Re: [9fans] using Acme for email
@ 2000-11-24 13:34 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2000-11-24 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

load /acme/mail/guide in a suitable column in acme,
and look at /acme/mail/readme

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1819 bytes --]

From: "William Staniewicz" <wstan@planet.nl>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] using Acme for email
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 14:16:32 +0100

How do I use Acme to read, compose, retrieve and
send email? I have a mailbox set up and and Acme
runs fine but there are no options in the task bar
for email operations.

Bill
wstanREMOVETHIS@planet.nl

* [9fans] using Acme for email