* Re: [9fans] routing trouble.
@ 2000-11-26 19:43 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2000-11-26 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans, justin

  part where I configure the nic.  Is there a way to get virtual terminals
  during the install so I can use the command line.  Everything just locks
  up after I enter my routing info.

The installation is running the Plan 9 window
system, rio.  To get a new window, hold down the
right mouse button on the gray background, select
New (let go).  Press the _right_ button at one corner
of where you want the window to be, move the mouse
to the opposite corner, and let go of the button.

Have a look at http://plan9.bell-labs.com/magic/man2html/8/ipconfig.
The command line used by the install is

	switch($ethermethod) {
	case manual
		ip/ipconfig -g $gwaddr ether /net/ether0 $ipaddr $ipmask >>[2]/srv/log
	case dhcp
		ip/ipconfig $dhcphost -D >>/srv/log >[2=1]
	}

The rest of the scripts are in /rc/bin/dist when
booted off the floppy.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] routing trouble.
@ 2000-11-23 15:49 jmk
From: jmk @ 2000-11-23 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

justin@haynes.net:
	It seems to like the NIC OK on boot up.  I have an NE2000 compatible
	NIC, so I pass the IRQ and IO port in the plan9.ini.

Try adding the option 'nodummyrr' to the plan9.ini line for the NE2000.
See the plan9.ini(8) man page.

* [9fans] routing trouble.
@ 2000-11-23 10:18 justin
From: justin @ 2000-11-23 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello all!

I am trying to install plan9.  Everything works fine until I get to the
part where I configure the nic.  Is there a way to get virtual terminals
during the install so I can use the command line.  Everything just locks
up after I enter my routing info.

It seems to like the NIC OK on boot up.  I have an NE2000 compatible
NIC, so I pass the IRQ and IO port in the plan9.ini.

Does this sound like a routing problem, or is it actually hardware.
plan9 wouldn't recognize the hardware and then lock up when it actually
tried to use it, would it?

Thanks,

Justin

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/