* [9fans] Thanks for the routing help/ probably need to read
       [not found] <200011261949.NAA11032@spanky.raspberrytea.com>
@ 2000-11-26 21:18 ` justin
From: justin @ 2000-11-26 21:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Russ Cox; +Cc: 9fans

Thanks for the help with routing, thats good to know, but as it turns out,
I got it installed and I can get a command line as glenda.  I can't start
rio, but I know the only thing I need to do is add a line to the
/lib/vgadb just like I did for the install.  problem is I don't know how
to have permission to do that once its installed.

I havn't read enough to know how to do administrative tasks in plan9 yet
though.  I understand basically how the distributed thing works, but I
don't know how to get around without the implementation of "root".

I downloaded the installation, but I should buy the package from Vita
Nuova so I can have the book, right?  Is there a good introduction there
that would save me wearing out the mailing list/ newsgroup with posts?
Not that I don't like the conversation, but I know answering the same
questions over and over can get a little old.

Thanks!,,

Justin H Haynes
Justin@Haynes.net

* Re: [9fans] Thanks for the routing help/ probably need to read
@ 2000-11-26 21:33   ` William Staniewicz
From: William Staniewicz @ 2000-11-26 21:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Sun, Nov 26, 2000 at 03:18:02PM -0600, justin@spanky.raspberrytea.com wrote:

> Nuova so I can have the book, right?  Is there a good introduction there
> that would save me wearing out the mailing list/ newsgroup with posts?
> Not that I don't like the conversation, but I know answering the same
> questions over and over can get a little old.

Here is a link to the 9fans archives which might help in your
orientation. I refer to it frequently.

http://lists.cse.psu.edu/archives/9fans/

Bill
wstanREMOVETHIS@planet.nl