* [9fans] reading email from POP3 server
@ 2000-12-06 10:52 William Staniewicz
From: William Staniewicz @ 2000-12-06 10:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

How can I download my mail from my ISP's POP3 server and hand it off to the Plan 9 mail
programs to save in my local mailbox? Is there a program or method to do this?

Currently, I dial in to my ISP; Have a dynamic ip address; Don't have
an ethernet address.

I have read ...
ndb(6), listen(8), mail(1) and smtpd(6)
Getting Started With Plan 9 (sections: Reading mail; Sending mail)
Last 12 months of 9fans archives
... but not sure which direction to take with this.

Any ideas?

Bill

* Re: [9fans] reading email from POP3 server
@ 2000-12-06 14:39 ` Mark C. Otto
From: Mark C. Otto @ 2000-12-06 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

 http://plan9.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/rsc/pop3get.c is the right page and Russ
has a 30 Nov 1998 18:02:43 -0500 message in the 9fans archive that describes
more how to hack it.

Mark

* Re: [9fans] reading email from POP3 server
@ 2000-12-06 14:07 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2000-12-06 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

http://plan9.bell-labs.com/cm/cs/who/rsc/pop3get.c
(or was it rsc/plan9/pop3get.c?) is a pop3 downloader
I wrote long ago but which shouldn't be hard to
adapt to the new system.

I hope to get pop3 support into upas/fs at some
point, but I've been doing other things.  If you
want a hacked upas/fs that can talk pop3 send me mail.

Russ