* [9fans] kfs or disk/kfscmd bug?
@ 2000-12-21 17:49 anothy
From: anothy @ 2000-12-21 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

every time i run a command via disk/kfscmd,
the previous command i asked for gets run. see:

: peter; disk/kfscmd check
work stats
	work =     67     31     22 rps
	rate =      4      2      0 tBps
	hits =    708    223     46 iops
	read =     42     13      2 iops
	init =      1      1      1 iops
: peter; disk/kfscmd sync
checking file system: main
check free list
lo = 322; hi = 505779
   21250 files
  505779 blocks in the file system
  152263 used blocks
  353516 free blocks
   50224 maximum qid path
: peter; disk/kfscmd stats
: peter;

anyone ever seen this before? anyone have any
idea what's going on, or how i might fix it,
or even diagnose it better than "that's not
right" (which is where i'm at now)? the last
thing it did correctly was a "user" followed
by a "newuser".
-α.

* Re: [9fans] kfs or disk/kfscmd bug?
@ 2000-12-21 22:11 anothy
From: anothy @ 2000-12-21 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

thanks, that got me sorted. it's working normally again,
and the cat returned the output of the previous command i
had tried to run. interesting.

yes, the kfs is a bit old.

@ 2000-12-21 18:24 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2000-12-21 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

>>	every time i run a command via disk/kfscmd,
>>	the previous command i asked for gets run. see:

i believe i once saw this ages ago (which is why i'm not
completely sure) because i interrupted a disk/kfscmd
and it got out of sync.  kfscmd uses a shared named pipe to disk/kfs
and it copies the reply only until it sees `done' or `success'
and then it stops.  you might try just cat'ing /srv/kfs.cmd to resynchronise.

* Re: [9fans] kfs or disk/kfscmd bug?
@ 2000-12-21 18:22 presotto
From: presotto @ 2000-12-21 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

It's a bug that I believe we fixed some time ago.  How
old is your kfs?

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2326 bytes --]