* Re: [9fans] cpu/auth server config question
@ 2000-12-28  2:33 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2000-12-28  2:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

You need to recompile your kernel -- the default
cpu server kernels don't have all the video
drivers that the terminals do, since as Jim
mentioned, they're usually not run as an all-in-one
machine.

Have a look at the list of vga drivers in
/sys/src/9/pc/pcdisk as compared with /sys/src/9/pc/pccpudisk.
After adding your vga line to pccpudisk, you
can make a new kernel with

	cd /sys/src/9/pc
	mk 'CONF=pccpudisk'
	cp 9pccpudisk /wherever

Russ

* Re: [9fans] cpu/auth server config question
@ 2000-12-27 23:27 ` James A. Robinson
From: James A. Robinson @ 2000-12-27 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

At least in v2, the cpu server normally runs as a bare console. You use
a terminal and the 'cpu' command to connect to the cpu server.

Jim

* [9fans] cpu/auth server config question
@ 2000-12-27 23:23 tk
From: tk @ 2000-12-27 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Rookie question: my attempt to set up a cpu/authentication server
has resulted in a system that has no /dev/draw, which thus won't
support rio, etc. At the risk of rushing my 9zen by not figuring this
out for myself, it would be helpful to know whether I'm incorrect
to believe that a cpu server will have anything other than a
bare console, or if I have a bozo configuration (following the
cpu server recipe in the intro document).
thanks
tom