* Re: [9fans] cron
@ 2000-12-30 16:40 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2000-12-30 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

If you want cron for a terminal, try
http://www.eecs.harvard.edu/~rsc/localcron.c.
It will run the jobs in your /cron/you/cron
that have a system set to "local".

Russ

* Re: [9fans] cron
@ 2000-12-31  0:11 ` arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2000-12-31  0:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I aso have a cron for a terminal.
see:
ftp://plan9.aichi-u.ac.jp/cmd/ucron.tgz

Kenji Arisawa
E-mail: arisawa@aichi-u.ac.jp

* Re: [9fans] passwd
@ 2001-01-02 17:48 ` Bob Solomon
From: Bob Solomon @ 2001-01-02 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Snowed in today. About a foot of snow here, 50 mi. north of
NYC...

Managed to  add a real user today.  Struggled through
bin/rc/riostart and so on.  That is a nice fortune file you have
there at bell labs.

What I couldn't do was set a password.  Passwd returns "protocol
botch: cs: can't translate address(net!$auth!ticket)."  I assume
this is because it is a stand alone system.  The system has a
NIC that I hope to use for printing &c on my LAN.  Any workaround or
suggestions?

Thanks

* [9fans] cron
@ 2000-12-30 21:16 William Staniewicz
From: William Staniewicz @ 2000-12-30 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Can cron be run on a standalone system? The manual
says it can only run on an authentication server.

I notice when I try to use it, a reference to a "key" pops up at the time I set it to carry out the command, but
nothing else happens.

Bill

* Re: [9fans] cron
@ 2000-12-30 16:12 presotto
From: presotto @ 2000-12-30 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Cron needs to be able to see the key file system.  Generally, this is only
available on the auth server.  You could start up keyfs on another system,
though you should worry about what processes can get at the file system.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1404 bytes --]

From: William Staniewicz <wstan@localhostnl.demon.nl>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] cron
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 16:16:26 -0500