* [9fans] fileserver installation cookbook
@ 2001-01-03 21:56 Lyndon Nerenberg
From: Lyndon Nerenberg @ 2001-01-03 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Maybe I'm going blind, but I can't find any documentation on how to
build a fileserver with the current release. The only bits I can
see refer to the 1995 release. Would one of you have a simple
guide (or pointer to one) to get me started? Thanks.

--lyndon

* Re: [9fans] fileserver installation cookbook
@ 2001-01-08  9:36 nemo
From: nemo @ 2001-01-08  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I saw comments about a patch for kfs to use it
as a file server for terminals. But couldn't find
the patch, (tried both the archives and google).

Is this thing still around anywhere?

thanks

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1901 bytes --]

From: "Russ Cox" <rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: [9fans] fileserver installation cookbook
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 18:16:47 -0500

File server installation is mostly the same as in 1995.
The file server kernel is very close to the
1995 version, much more so than the terminal/cpu server
kernel.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] fileserver installation cookbook
@ 2001-01-08  8:57 rsc
From: rsc @ 2001-01-08  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

  I saw comments about a patch for kfs to use it
  as a file server for terminals. But couldn't find
  the patch, (tried both the archives and google).

It's in the main source.  See kfscmd(8) in the
latest release, or plan9.bell-labs.com/magic/man2html/8/kfscmd.

Russ

* Re: [9fans] fileserver installation cookbook
@ 2001-01-03 23:16 Russ Cox