* [9fans] Acme mail item
@ 2001-02-06  2:47 William Staniewicz
From: William Staniewicz @ 2001-02-06  2:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I use Acme mail for most of my email needs.
I noticed that in one of the emails that came in
from one of the lists I am subscribed to appeared as
follows:

	From: rene.harsch@ubs.com
	Date: Mon Feb  5 13:11:10 EST 2001
	To: trlim@gmate.co.kr
	CC: yopy-general@gmate.co.kr
	Subject: RE: [Yopy-general] IRDA on Yopy / mod icp.o

		cp /mail/fs/stored/49/body /usr/wstan/BDY.TXT

	Thanks a lot for the fix.
	Another question ....

.... rest deleted...

What bothers me is the line that begins with "cp /mail ..."

It strikes me as strange that a message originating from
a list mailer would have a reference to my Plan9 file
system. Can anyone tell me how it got there? I am
a little concerned about security.

		-Bill

* Re: [9fans] Acme mail item
@ 2001-02-05 22:08 rog
From: rog @ 2001-02-05 22:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

it's how acme does attachments.
the "cp" line is a convenient template for extracting
the attachment - the suggested filename is the
original filename of the attachment.

you can edit the cp line at will and then execute
it to save the attachment.

  cheers,
    rog.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1973 bytes --]

To: cse.psu.edu!9fans
Subject: [9fans] Acme mail item