* [9fans] page (gs) not working anymore
@ 2001-02-09 15:22 William Staniewicz
From: William Staniewicz @ 2001-02-09 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

When I run this I now get the following:

	term% page file.ps
	reading through postscript...
	postnote 321: sys: write on closed pipe pc=0x00014e04

I don't know what this means.
I think this relates to a problem with 'gs' specifically
because the 'page' works fine with .gif and .jpg files.
It was working normally before but I think I messed things
up when I did a 'mk install' in '/sys/src/cmd'. When I did
this I got some note about running out of swap space
and the whole thing froze up. I had to reboot the system
then.

I ran 'mk install', then 'mk clean' in '/sys/src/cmd/gs'
to see if that would help put things together but it
didn't help. Ideas?

		-Bill

* Re: [9fans] page (gs) not working anymore
@ 2001-02-10 16:38 William Staniewicz
From: William Staniewicz @ 2001-02-10 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Thank you. I ended up following your instructions as
quoted below. Ghostscript is now back and running
so the ps to pdf is possible now as you provided.

		-Bill

@ 2001-02-09 18:22 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2001-02-09 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

	I ran 'mk install', then 'mk clean' in '/sys/src/cmd/gs'
	to see if that would help put things together but it
	didn't help. Ideas?

Do those backwards: run mk clean and then mk install
(and then mk clean again), and gs should come back.
Assuming gs was messed up, running mk install would
have just installed the messed-up binary (or done
nothing, if it were already there).

Of course, if you don't have enough memory to
compile gs, doing it again won't change that.