* [9fans] Apollo's
@ 2001-03-03 22:13 William Staniewicz
From: William Staniewicz @ 2001-03-03 22:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Sometime in the near future I hope to be picking up a couple
Apollo's: A DN3000 and a DN10000. At this time I don't have
any high performance expectations: I know they are old.
I will be happy initially if they boot up and operate under
the original Domain OS.

Eventually, I would like to set up a network with them and
my pentium. It would be really nice if I could get the Apollo's
to work somehow under Plan9. In reading the documentation
for the latest release I don't think they are supported. If I am not
able to have the Apollo's operate under Plan9 will I be able to
tunnel/SSH to the Apollo's from my pentium that is running Plan9?
If so, what will SSH enable me to do?

I am new to Apollo's and networking, so all advice and suggestions
are welcome. Below are some details about the Apollo's.

		-Bill

DN3000

CPU: 68020, 12 MHz
FPU: 68881
MMU: DMMU
Bus: AT-bus
SAU: SAU8
Display: Mono, 4 or 8 plane 1024x800, mono 1280x1024
HDD: ESDI up to 380M
Memory: 4 slots, up to 2M in each slot
Network: ATR (dual slot) or 3C505 Ethernet or IBM TokenRing 802.5
Other: ?

DN10000

CPU: Up to 4 PRISM 18.18 MHz RISC CPUs
FPU: BIT (Bipolar Integrated Technologies)
MMU: Toshiba (CMOS)
Bus: X-bus, VME-bus, AT-bus
SAU: SAU10
Display: 8-plane AT-bus 1024x800, 40-plane X-Bus DVS 1280x1024 (single slot) or 80-plane X-Bus DVS 1280x1024 (dual slot)
HDD: Up to 4 VME controllers, up to 2 ESDI drives (up to 1.5G per drive) on each controller, but only space for 4 internal drives. Also
possible SCSI drives on WD7000-ASC at SR10.4
Memory: Up to 3 memory boards, up to 4 modules on each board, modules up to 64M each
Network: VME Ethernet, VME Apollo Token Ring, AT IBM Token Ring
Other: 80286 on ETH802.3_VME and 68020, 12 MHz on X-bus Utility board

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-03-03 22:13 UTC | newest]