* [9fans] Acme mail "fmt"
@ 2001-03-06  2:22 William Staniewicz
From: William Staniewicz @ 2001-03-06  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have been using Acme mail almost exclusively for all
my email. One thing I haven't used is the "fmt"
command in the taskbar of outbound mail... mainly
because I don't know what it does.

What does it do?

		-Bill

* Re: [9fans] Acme mail "fmt"
@ 2001-03-05 21:55 rog
From: rog @ 2001-03-05 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> Just select the text and execute |fmt.

i have to say that the standard plan 9 fmt annoys me somewhat as it
doesn't preserve indentation properly.

i tend to use a port of an old bsd version which works better (although
it's probably gungier inside).  i've attached it, as it's so small.

  cheers,
    rog.

PS. warning: /bin/doc2text relies on the -j option
to fmt, which isn't in this version.

[-- Attachment #2: fmt.c.gz --]

* Re: [9fans] Acme mail "fmt"
@ 2001-03-05 21:55 rog
From: rog @ 2001-03-05 21:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

@ 2001-03-05 20:33 nigel
From: nigel @ 2001-03-05 20:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

It helps you format very long lines like this one into a paragraph of more reasonable width. Just select the text and execute |fmt.

e.g.

IIt helps you format very long lines like this one into a paragraph of
more reasonable width.  Just select the text and execute |fmt.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1293 bytes --]