* Re: [9fans] vt
@ 2001-04-09  9:07 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2001-04-09  9:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

wow.
i can't think of anything else to say.
wow.
i'm scared.

* [9fans] vt
@ 2001-04-09 15:49 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2001-04-09 15:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

this vt stuff is all very well, but has anyone got an emulator
for a proper terminal, the 3270?

* Re: [9fans] vt
@ 2001-04-07  1:22 presotto
From: presotto @ 2001-04-07  1:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I take it back, I just can't read terminfo's (imagine that).  I added this
code to vt.c,  I'll put it in the next wrap.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2176 bytes --]

From: Micah Stetson <micah@cnm-vra.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] vt
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 23:08:32 -0700

I notice that there are a bunch of improvements in vt with
this update.  I want to thank whoever did all that work (Russ,
I think?).  But I noticed that some garbage was being left on
my screen while scrolling in mutt.  Although, strange stuff
still goes on once in a while, most of the problem seemed to
disappear with the following change to vt.c:

/mnt/wrap/sys/src/cmd/vt/vt.c:581 c /sys/src/cmd/vt/vt.c:581
< 								clear(Rpt(pt(0, 0), pt(x, ymax+1)));
---
> 								clear(Rpt(pt(0, 0), pt(xmax+1, y)));

The code is supposed to clear from the first character on the
screen up through the current position.  As it was, this line
would clear everything to the left of the current position and
the next would clear everything on the current line up to the
current position.  I think the line should really clear
everything above the current position, and at least mutt seems
to work a little better that way.

Micah

* Re: [9fans] vt
@ 2001-04-06 17:04 presotto
From: presotto @ 2001-04-06 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Is there independent confirmation out there that this is a good or
at least a harmless thing to do?  I dinna have a real vt100/220
lying around and the termcap entry I have on a Unix system doesn't
really seem to agree.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2176 bytes --]

From: Micah Stetson <micah@cnm-vra.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 23:08:32 -0700

@ 2001-04-04  6:08 Micah Stetson