* [9fans] Wither uget?
@ 2001-04-16  5:01 Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2001-04-16  5:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

When building arm support in anticipation of installing Plan 9
on a bitsy, mk failed in /sys/src/cmd looking for a mkfile in
the uget subdirectory.  Unfortunately, uget was completely
empty, though a man page does exist for it.  I just rm'ed the
directory to get mk to continue on it's merry way, but should
there actually be something in that directory?  The man page
seems to indicate that uget is deprecated in favor of hget.

btw- the machine in question was installed in January, and then
updated with the March 27th update plus portclock.c fix, in case
that's relevant.

	- Dan C.

* Re: [9fans] Wither uget?
@ 2001-04-23  9:53 ` Douglas A. Gwyn
From: Douglas A. Gwyn @ 2001-04-23  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

rsc@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:
> yes, uget withered.

igot rhythm.

* Re: [9fans] Wither uget?
@ 2001-04-16 17:25 rsc
From: rsc @ 2001-04-16 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

yes, uget withered.

* Re: [9fans] Wither uget?
@ 2001-04-16  5:11 rob pike
From: rob pike @ 2001-04-16  5:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

There is no uget on our machines any more.  Hget has replaced it and
some combination of upgrades and history left you with an empty
directory.  I believe it's not in the full release on the web site.

-rob