* Re: [9fans] Wiki source
@ 2001-04-19 16:45 Russ Cox
From: Russ Cox @ 2001-04-19 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I forsee the possibility of setting up a Wiki
> under the Plan9 OS. Is the source code available?
> I notice that it was originally developed by Ward and
> written in Perl (Is Perl the right way-to-go?)

http://plan9.bell-labs.com/wiki/plan9

The source code that we're using hasn't been released
because I haven't made it particularly easy to set up yet.
(It's written in C and completely new; no Perl, no original
Ward code.  The design is a bit different too.)

Russ

* Re: [9fans] Wiki source
@ 2001-04-24 17:54     ` Steve Kilbane
From: Steve Kilbane @ 2001-04-24 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> From: "Steve Kilbane" <steve@whitecrow.demon.co.uk>
> >
> > Only if you don't count the #!...
>
> since when did you need the #! ?

[cough] humour.

steve

* Re: [9fans] Wiki source
@ 2001-04-24 11:50   ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2001-04-24 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

From: "Steve Kilbane" <steve@whitecrow.demon.co.uk>

> Only if you don't count the #!...

since when did you need the #! ?

* Re: [9fans] Wiki source
@ 2001-04-23 22:14 ` Steve Kilbane
From: Steve Kilbane @ 2001-04-23 22:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I've heard that Plan 9 can be done in just one line of Perl.

Only if you don't count the #!...

* Re: [9fans] Wiki source
@ 2001-04-23 19:21 ` Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2001-04-23 19:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

In article <20010423133424.6E82A19AF8@mail.cse.psu.edu> you write:
>I've heard that Plan 9 can be done in just one line of Perl.

Yeah, and perl can be done in one line of APL.  If we compare the
relative savings from Plan 9 -> Perl -> APL, then Plan 9 should come
out to be about one bit of APL code.

Not bad, not bad.....

	- Dan C.

* Re: [9fans] Wiki source
@ 2001-04-23 13:41 ` Andrey A Mirtchovski
From: Andrey A Mirtchovski @ 2001-04-23 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Mon, 23 Apr 2001 presotto@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:

> I've heard that Plan 9 can be done in just one line of Perl.

and because it's perl, there's more than one way to do it.

* Re: [9fans] Wiki source
@ 2001-04-23 13:34 presotto
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: presotto @ 2001-04-23 13:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I've heard that Plan 9 can be done in just one line of Perl.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1809 bytes --]

From: "Boyd Roberts" <boyd@planete.net>
To: <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: Re: [9fans] Wiki source
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 15:32:37 +0200

From: "William Staniewicz" <wstan@localhostnl.demon.nl>

> ... (Is Perl the right way-to-go?)

it is a way and has a ways to go. <laugh>

* Re: [9fans] Wiki source
@ 2001-04-23 13:32 ` Boyd Roberts
From: Boyd Roberts @ 2001-04-23 13:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

From: "William Staniewicz" <wstan@localhostnl.demon.nl>

> ... (Is Perl the right way-to-go?)

it is a way and has a ways to go. <laugh>

* [9fans] Wiki source
@ 2001-04-19 15:47 William Staniewicz