* [9fans] Bell Labs FTP server
@ 2001-05-15  6:03 Lucio De Re
From: Lucio De Re @ 2001-05-15  6:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

I can't "reach" ftp://plan9.bell-labs.com/netkey/*

I can get as far as seeing the directory contents (netkey.prc,
netkey.zip, netkey80.prc) but fetching the files fails.  Perhaps
passive mode is the trouble?  It works for the "ls".

Is there any other place I can find a working version of the Palm
Pilot "netkey"?

++L

* Re: [9fans] Bell Labs FTP server
@ 2001-05-15  8:23 ` Lucio De Re
From: Lucio De Re @ 2001-05-15  8:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 02:49:37AM -0400, presotto@plan9.bell-labs.com wrote:

> We're not behind a firewall, it should work, both active and
> passive mode.  I'm in Italy right now and I can ftpfs it with
> out a problem.  I also used hget to get it via http.  You should
> be able to do either (or wget or whatever on other systems).

I'm behind a firewall and can't ftpfs because I haven't figured
out how to use proxy services from Plan 9 :-(

 From Unix Netscape, MSIE and wget via the proxy, I get as far as
seeing the directory, but a "get" connection, even from a direct
FTP, times out .  I suspect the files have a problem, but, Dave,
feel free to prove me wrong by mailing me the most useful of them,
they are all moderately small :-)

I'm not excluding a weird network configuration on my side, but it
seems more likely to be a fragmentation problem in the virtual
circuit.  I haven't seen one recently, but the symptoms match.

@ 2001-05-15  6:49 presotto
From: presotto @ 2001-05-15  6:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans