* Re: [9fans] terminfo
@ 2001-05-15 12:24 forsyth
From: forsyth @ 2001-05-15 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

it will be nearly `dumb'.  i suspect
you'll need to use vt to get anything terminfo clients will like (much)

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1903 bytes --]

To: cse.psu.edu!9fans
Subject: [9fans] terminfo
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 13:12:47 +0100

Hullo 9fans,

fed up with
  unknown terminal "9term"
I tried to sort it out but was instantly outside of my understanding
(not far to go)
Anyone got a terminfo entry I can use?

--
 (I) (B)lame (M)icrosoft?

 matt                          mailto:matt@proweb.co.uk

* Re: [9fans] terminfo
@ 2001-05-15 13:42 ` Lyndon Nerenberg
From: Lyndon Nerenberg @ 2001-05-15 13:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

    rog> you could put 9term in terminfo as a synonym of "dumb".  (i
    rog> think it understands backspace, but that's about it)

Having 9term declare itself as 'dumb' seems like a better
solution. (It's bad enough that every Intel-based UNIX console
driver has to invent its own name for 'vt100'.)

--lyndon

* Re: [9fans] terminfo
@ 2001-05-15 12:34 rog
From: rog @ 2001-05-15 12:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

you could put 9term in terminfo as a synonym of "dumb".
(i think it understands backspace, but that's about it)

if you want to use a cursor addressing program, run "vt".

  rog.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1899 bytes --]

To: cse.psu.edu!9fans
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 13:12:47 +0100

Hullo 9fans,

fed up with
  unknown terminal "9term"
I tried to sort it out but was instantly outside of my understanding
(not far to go)
Anyone got a terminfo entry I can use?

--
 (I) (B)lame (M)icrosoft?