* [9fans] fs running on 40G ide disk
@ 2001-05-22 10:10 nemo
From: nemo @ 2001-05-22 10:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hi,

	just to let you know that the fs kernel is running fine on a 40G ide disk.
It's using mostly the patch I sent before to the list. However, I had to:

- set the bios in CHS mode (not lba)
- change a bit the fs to use vlong instead of long to seek on devices.
it all has to do w/ the 4G limit for 32bits.

I'm still recovering and therefore there's no http://plan9.escet.urjc.es right
now, but I'll put the patch there when I get the web files back.

hth

only message in thread, other threads:[~2001-05-22 10:10 UTC | newest]