* Re: [9fans] plan9 can't fly
@ 2001-05-30 23:19 jmk
From: jmk @ 2001-05-30 23:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Wed May 30 19:17:28 EDT 2001, matt@proweb.co.uk wrote:
> I was just carrying my plan9 box downstairs and slipped and fell.
>
> I had to throw the PC so I could save myself and to stop it landing on me.
>
> When it landed the case crushed the drives into the motherboard and now it
> won't even power up.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Matt

The walls in Murray Hill are metal and I use the magnets from
disc drives to hang up old gutties and motherboards for display.

* Re: [9fans] plan9 can't fly
       [not found] <200105311301.OAA08128@pw001.proweb.co.uk>
@ 2001-06-04 21:56 ` Matt
From: Matt @ 2001-06-04 21:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

just to follow up, I got a new case and everything worked fine.

Must be my lucky day.

Matt

* Re: [9fans] plan9 can't fly
       [not found] <200105310453.FAA22218@pw001.proweb.co.uk>
@ 2001-05-31  8:59 ` Matt
From: Matt @ 2001-05-31  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> it isn't something you want to test willingly,
> but good disc drives of the past few years
> are supposed to withstand great shocks,
> especially when not running.
I've not had the opportunity to test the drive yet (2 weeks old it was -
20Gb!)
The mb is for a pentium pro. I expect the chip still works but I guess it's
pretty useless unless I scan eBay for a replacement.

> i think it's a safer bet that the motherboard
> and some of the other components might
> not be in great shape.

8-) no i think it's pretty dead.

I wasn't entirely serious asking for suggestions I just thought it was a
funny question a bit different from "my vga card doesn't work".

My back hurts more than looking at my dead PC but I'm sure the situation
will reverse.

Thank you for your emails of support at this difficult time.

Matt

;-)

* Re: [9fans] plan9 can't fly
@ 2001-05-30 23:27 baldwin
From: baldwin @ 2001-05-30 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Viewing at 7, cremation at 10.
Donations to Matt in lieu of flowers.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2029 bytes --]

To: <9fans@cse.psu.edu>
Subject: [9fans] plan9 can't fly
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 00:16:12 +0100

I was just carrying my plan9 box downstairs and slipped and fell.

I had to throw the PC so I could save myself and to stop it landing on me.

When it landed the case crushed the drives into the motherboard and now it
won't even power up.

Any ideas?

Matt

* [9fans] plan9 can't fly