* [9fans] which PCMCIA modem?
@ 2001-06-10 15:09 Aharon Robbins
From: Aharon Robbins @ 2001-06-10 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I want to buy a new 56k PCMCIA modem card for my laptop, which will
hopefully one day run Plan 9.  Winmodems are death, that's for sure.

In looking at the US Robotics web page, the 3CP00305[67] seem to be what
I would want, but their pop-up description blurbs say that they won't
work on anything but a Microsoft OS.

So, recommendations anyone?  Linux support a necessity, Plan 9 support
would be wonderful.

Thanks,

Arnold Robbins

* Re: [9fans] which PCMCIA modem?
@ 2001-06-10 15:22 presotto
From: presotto @ 2001-06-10 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I use the xircom one.  It's 16550 compatible so it should work with
pretty much any os.  All I can say is that it works well with Lucent's
dial up nodes.