* Re: [9fans] video card question
@ 2001-07-19 23:40 jmk
From: jmk @ 2001-07-19 23:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The CL-GD54[234]x and CL-GD546x are different generations of chips
from Cirrus Logic and require different drivers. 'Laguna' is just a name
stamped on the datasheets to differentiate it from the older chips.
If your chip is a CL-GD5465 (i.e. a Laguna) you can try adding the
identification info in the following section in /lib/vgadb

ctlr
	0xC0039="CL-GD546x Laguna PCI VGA BIOS Version 1.71D" # ZT5550 SBC
	0xC0039="CL-GD546x Laguna PCI VGA BIOS Version 1.61a" # HP Kayak
	link=vga
	ctlr=clgd546x linear=1
	hwgc=clgd546xhwgc

* [9fans] video card question
@ 2001-07-19 22:57 Dean Ash
From: Dean Ash @ 2001-07-19 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I have an ibm 300GL model number 6561-35U. On ibm's website is says the
video card is a Cirrus Logic GD5465 3D. On vita nuova's website the
supported chipsets closest to a cirrus logic are:Cirrus Logic CLGD-54[234]x
and another with the same numbers and letters but without cirrus logic in
front: CL-GD546x Laguna. My questions are: What is the Laguna part of the
second chipset? A driver? Does the CL prefix and CL- prefix mean they're not
the same as a GD5465? The first chipset I can see doesn't match because
there is no 6 in the set but the second may match if I know what that Laguna
business is about.

Looking at the boot screen again (Tell me how to capture it and I'll cut and
paste next time) I see:
aux/vga: vgactlw: <type vga>: bad arg in system call
rio: can't open display: initdisplay: /dev/draw/new: no frame buffer
init: rc exit status: rc 14:cpurc 15:rio 60:rio 61:display open
On the right side of the screen it says it tells me about the ibm vga
compatible cl-gd546x laguna pci vga BIOS version 1.70d c12  copyright
copyright....date.
Can anyone help with this or point me in a direction. I wasn't able to
specify what my monitor was, so I chose the default generic multisync 75mhz

Dean