* Re: [9fans] unix file sharing
@ 2001-07-23  2:29 arisawa
From: arisawa @ 2001-07-23  2:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Hello,

>the mount fails at /sys/src/cmd/mount.c:/amount with
>errstr "permission denied",
Put your name to ~/.rhosts. The format is:
al      arisawa
al.aichi-u.ac.jp        arisawa

Kenji Arisawa
E-mail: arisawa@aichi-u.ac.jp

* [9fans] unix file sharing
@ 2001-07-23  1:36 crdevilb
From: crdevilb @ 2001-07-23  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

now that I have drawterm and an apparently successful
cpu/auth/(kfs)fileserver, I'd really like to be able to do things like
real file sharing between it and my unix box.  However, after running
u9fs and turning verbose debugging on, I am unable to just '9fs linux'.
On the plan 9 side, the mount fails at /sys/src/cmd/mount.c:/amount with
errstr "permission denied", and the u9fs log emits the following error:

kill 12527
bsdhost p9 on 12527
>> Tsession
<< Rsession
>> Tattach tag 19 fid 163 uname colin aname  auth
<< Rerror tag 19 ename permission denied

so (I guess) somehow I am not authenticating properly to the u9fs server?

my username is the same on both the un*x and p9 boxes, but my numerical
uid is different; does this matter?  am I missing just one important
step here?

thanks in advance.

--
Colin DeVilbiss