* [9fans] When the sam command interpreter gets confused
@ 2001-08-17  8:49 ` Clint Olsen
From: Clint Olsen @ 2001-08-17  8:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I sort of wander in and out of using Sam, and this is probably my biggest
problem.  When I manage to fat-finger a command in Sam, the command interpreter
gets completely lost.  I type crap and Sam never returns.  Is there a way to
completely abandon the current state ala MS Windows "turn off the car, get
out of the car, and get back in?"

It's also very unclear where new input is to be interpreted.  I can put the
cursor anywhere in that damn window and type all kinds of gobblediegook.

It's obviously my usage problem.  Cussing doesn't seem to help much...

Thanks,

-Clint

* Re: [9fans] When the sam command interpreter gets confused
@ 2001-08-17  9:22   ` Scott Schwartz
From: Scott Schwartz @ 2001-08-17  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Another cursor to mark the current output point might help.  I too
sometimes miss the input point when trying to give it a command.
You have to type new input at the very end of the transcript.  An easy
way to get there is to "send" something.