From: rog@vitanuova.com
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: Re: Plan 9 annoyances (was: Re: [9fans] mv vs cp)
Date: Mon,  8 Oct 2001 22:21:50 +0100	[thread overview]

> Somebody please fix this.  All you need
> to do is implement a recursive union mount.
> We will all be grateful.

i thought overlayfs was supposed to do something like this?
maybe it never worked...

> "mk nuke" does, no?

while we're on the subject of removing intermediate files and
criticisms, one of my pet peeves is that object files have a
single-letter extension, thus at a stroke removing many potentially
useful filename extensions and making the choice of a new $O fraught
with danger...

there's no easy way of removing all object files from a directory
without enumerating all the possible (and changing) set of objtype
extensions.

would it be an enormous hardship to change from
	file.$O
	file.o$O
?

and then at least i can remove all object files in reasonable
comfort and safety with "rm *.o?"...

  rog.