* Re: [9fans] Is SiS supported by Plan9 ?
@ 2001-10-23 12:42 peh
From: peh @ 2001-10-23 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

The SiS chip set is not supported.
You need to carefully read the supported hardware web page at:
www.cs.bell-labs.com/plan9dist/pchardware.html

Getting currently unsupported hardware supported is difficult as
some vendors are reluctant to provide adequate documentation.
Fortunately the cards which are supported are among the least
expensive. Good luck.

Pat

* [9fans] Is SiS supported by Plan9 ?
@ 2001-10-23  8:51 Sincery
From: Sincery @ 2001-10-23  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I'm interested in the os, but I can't install it. Every time I boot
from the install floppy , it ends up with a hex dump and the % prompt.
I read the documentation and know that this is because the driver
can't recognize my video card , which is SiS 530. Is there any way to
change the configuration files so as to install the system ?