* Re: [9fans] acme bug/annoyance?
@ 2001-10-26  8:16 Fco.J.Ballesteros
From: Fco.J.Ballesteros @ 2001-10-26  8:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

I would also be grateful if acme would backup your unsaved work somehow;
BTW, the linux clone (wily) keeps backups in a rather nice way. It
maintains a directory with  backups and a generated guide file which
can be used to copy the backup over the original, remove all backups, etc.

* Re: [9fans] acme bug/annoyance?
@ 2001-10-26 14:43       ` Scott Schwartz
From: Scott Schwartz @ 2001-10-26 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> I suppose the documentation should mention this.

For that matter, maybe such windows should be tinted differently.

* Re: [9fans] acme bug/annoyance?
@ 2001-10-26 11:36     ` rob pike
From: rob pike @ 2001-10-26 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

A nasty problem here.  When you resize a directory window, acme should recolumnate
the output, but I couldn't see how to get that right while keeping the user's text, so I
just started over.  A directory window is therefore a kind of scratch typing space, which
is actually a feature I like but is clearly a consequence of, rather than integral to, the design.

I suppose the documentation should mention this.

-rob