* Re: [9fans] Reason Plan 9 didn't catch on ... and other Fairy Tales
@ 2001-11-13 20:29 David Gordon Hogan
From: David Gordon Hogan @ 2001-11-13 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

> ------------------8<----------------------
> ..The problem with having them on the 9fans list is
> that the regulars
> have already heard it all, and resurrecting the topic
> just gets people
> annoyed.
> ------------------8<----------------------
>
> So to get help it's RTFM? (again)

I guess it should be in the Wiki?

* Re: [9fans] Reason Plan 9 didn't catch on ... and other Fairy Tales
@ 2001-11-13 21:49 ` Dan Cross
From: Dan Cross @ 2001-11-13 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

In article <20011113203711.2ACF819B10@mail.cse.psu.edu> you write:
>Gosh, I thought rsc was "Ask the Oracle".  He's up
>at all hours, always logged on, and infinitely
>helpful.

Careful!  Larry Elison might sue him for using the title, ``Oracle.''

	- Dan C.

* Re: [9fans] Reason Plan 9 didn't catch on ... and other Fairy Tales
@ 2001-11-13 20:49 ` William Josephson
From: William Josephson @ 2001-11-13 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 03:37:09PM -0500, presotto@closedmind.org wrote:
> Gosh, I thought rsc was "Ask the Oracle".  He's up
> at all hours, always logged on, and infinitely
> helpful.

Almost all hours: he claims that once the dump starts
and everything freezes he goes to bed.  I'm rather
dubious about that, though.  I prefer the theory,
shared by a number around here, that there are two
copies of him.

 -WJ

* Re: [9fans] Reason Plan 9 didn't catch on ... and other Fairy Tales
@ 2001-11-13 20:37 presotto
From: presotto @ 2001-11-13 20:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

Gosh, I thought rsc was "Ask the Oracle".  He's up
at all hours, always logged on, and infinitely
helpful.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 2578 bytes --]

From: "A. Baker" <boojum_42@yahoo.com>
To: 9fans@cse.psu.edu
Subject: [9fans] Reason Plan 9 didn't catch on ... and other Fairy Tales
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 12:27:34 -0800 (PST)

Subject: Re: [9fans] one reason ideas from Plan 9
didn't catch on

From: Scott Schwartz <schwartz@bio.cse.psu.edu>
------------------8<----------------------
...The problem with having them on the 9fans list is
that the regulars
have already heard it all, and resurrecting the topic
just gets people
annoyed.
------------------8<----------------------

So to get help it's RTFM? (again)
Pray tell the subjects that won't offend.
This is the only game in town, kids.
Don't get me wrong, I'm new here, and I'm not an old
hand at this I just believe this to (potentially) be
the best networking solution for troll-hacking on the
planet.
I have tried several times to get 9 installed (then I
can ask more relevant questions ... such as why is a
raven like a writing desk? ;-)
I like sticking with original inventors.
I won't be the last with stupid questions, you can
quote me.
People are starting to see what the Plan can do.
May I suggest another thread such as "Ask the Oracle,
questions about Plan 9 we're sick of seeing"
:-)
All in good humour, my dear Sir.
All of your discussions have been enlightening.
TYVM,

=====
Boojum

http://personals.yahoo.com

* [9fans] Reason Plan 9 didn't catch on ... and other Fairy Tales
@ 2001-11-13 20:27 A. Baker
From: A. Baker @ 2001-11-13 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 9fans

didn't catch on